PDA

View Full Version : Feedback regarding recent updates

Dragan
April 9th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

I would love to hear some feedback about recent experiences. Since the update nearly 2 weeks ago, has anyone had any problems? Has the disappearing text issues in the "edit post box" resolved itself? What about picture posting/displaying etc? Any issues with that? Or anything else for that matter that I may or may not know about?

I'd love to hear any feedback, both positive and negative. Please let me know so we can continue to work on these issues and have them resolved for you.

Thank you.

obrazell
April 9th, 2019, 06:12 PM
well apart from the fact that it is still not https and more browsers are flagging this up not so far. Not sure I like the look of the Whats new screens though :-)

Owen

Dragan
April 9th, 2019, 07:26 PM
oooh, I wasn't aware of "what's new?" looking like that. I'll look into it. It's a feature I never use to be quite honest.

and has far as https, I'm not sure what our options are. I'd have to do some digging.

Thanks Owen!

Dragan
April 9th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Owen,

Take a look now.

wvreeven
April 9th, 2019, 08:08 PM
I use letsencrypt.org which is free and supported by most browsers nowadays. Browser support is increasing. They provide for software and scripts for many operating systems to automagically check if a certificate is about to expire and update it if so.

EDIT before I forget they also support many web servers like Apache and nginx.

Clear skies, Wouter

obrazell
April 11th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Thanks for fixing that Dragan, it looks a lot better now.

Owen

Dragan
April 11th, 2019, 02:17 PM
I use letsencrypt.org which is free and supported by most browsers nowadays. Browser support is increasing. They provide for software and scripts for many operating systems to automagically check if a certificate is about to expire and update it if so.

EDIT before I forget they also support many web servers like Apache and nginx.

Clear skies, Wouter

Thanks Wouter. Akarsh and I are looking into it.

Dragan
April 11th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Thanks for fixing that Dragan, it looks a lot better now.

Owen

Good, I'm glad.

Any other feedback is appreciated.

Jason Julian
April 16th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Hi Dragan,

Thank you for founding and maintaining this amazing website.

A post today was blocked and I got a message saying my IP address is blocked.

This happened when I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button at the bottom right of a new post. Using the "Go Advanced" the same reply worked properly.

Thank you,

Jason

Dragan
April 17th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the kind words. We are very proud of DSF and it's always reassuring to know people truly appreciate the site. So thank you.

Sorry about your issue. The random "your IP is blocked" error has been a gremlin for quite some time now. I was hoping that the most recent update would hav remedied it but apparently it hasn't.

We'll keep at it!

Thanks again!

Hi Dragan,

Thank you for founding and maintaining this amazing website.

A post today was blocked and I got a message saying my IP address is blocked.

This happened when I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button at the bottom right of a new post. Using the "Go Advanced" the same reply worked properly.

Thank you,

Jason