PDA

View Full Version : Feathertouch Larger Fine Focus knob

Dragan
September 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Here is something I've been meaning to comment on.

At this years NEAF, our booth was across the aisle from several big named vendors. Televue & Teeter Telescopes to name two. But a third was Starlight Instruments, maker of the Feathertouch Focuser (FT). While browsing their booth and getting to know the guys during setup on Friday, I came across a FT focuser that had a MUCH larger fine focus knob than I've been accustomed to. (though I have seen something similar on refractors, I've never seen it on a low profile focuser) Playing around with it I knew this would be a must have item. Anyone who has ever used a FT knows just how smooth they can be. Well, this thing makes it MUCH MUCH smoother! I've been out with it several times since and I can tell you it is really a nice add-on. I have found that trying to tweak my focus now just requires a slight roll of my finger as opposed to twisting. I know this doesn't sound like much but I have found it really does improve trying to focus.

I can also seeing it as a benefit when dealing with public nights and getting someone to find the focus knob.

Anyway, I just thought I'd inform the group about it. Below is a picture of it on my scope as well as a link to their website. I know it may look a bit funny, but you might just have to try out to see for yourself.

http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=325