Thread: Binoviewer

Binoviewer

I got yesterday my first bino Baader V actually not for deepsky but to expand my repertuar on the sun . However this makes me thinking how they perform in ds. I will notice this quite soon i guess. Still anxious to know if someone already has got good (or bad) results with them in ds? Such as despite of light loss ( 0.3 mag?) in the help of two eyes the detection would still be better than as mono with some objects..?
    Markus Tuukkanen
    23,4" f5.4 ServoCat Argo Navis

Binoviewers excel on the Moon and the planets. But for deepsky you can use them also. The bright globular clusters such as M13 are marvelous in binoviewers, and even M51 is more 3-D like in binoviewers.
    When I'm viewing alone I sometimes grab my Denk II on some DSO's. At starparty's, when I have a row of visitors, I always stick to monoviewing.
    Last edited by andre8x8; August 19th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.

If budget allows, try the Lederman Optical Array - 21 3D Eyepiece Set (L-O-A) eyepieces in the binoviewer. Best on deep sky objects The LOA Binoculars are also awesome.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by andre8x8 View Post
    Binoviewers excel on the Moon and the planets. But for deepsky you can use them also. The bright globular clusters such as M13 are marvelous in binoviewers, and even M51 is more 3-D like in binoviewers.
    When I'm viewing alone I sometimes grab my the Denk II on some DSO's. At starparty's, when I have a row of visitors, I always stick to monoviewing.
    15" f4.5 Obsession Classic
    4" f8.6 Televue 102

I read a lot of mixed opinions about the 3D LOA eyepieces. BTW, I sure would like to try a set, but that won't be easy in Europe.