Thread: Hello, I am a newbie here-

Hello, I am a newbie here-

OCT18 packed car.jpgOCT18 packed car.jpg

Hello,
    I have to drive to a darker location and our little 2017 Prius V takes it all in. The 22 UC is loaded via wheelchair ramps and even affords the extra cargo room for the ep/s case and other odds-n-ends. The truss pole bag seems to be the most un-orthodox item in the back. There is room for it but the length butts it up to the passenger's seat but still allows the back door to close so I am not complaining. I can imagine that 22 hour drive to West Texas in the spring!

I have been back in the Chicagoland area for just more than 2 years now and have not found an Astronomy club that I can fit into. I have found some astro clubs that tend to center on eating more than the camaraderie among the members during the meeting (in my own opinion). I have contemplated visiting the Rockford area as they might not be impacted by the terrible Chicago light dome as I am currently influenced when I observe at my viewing site just north of Woodstock, IL.

I look forward to soaking up any and all knowledge you masters here share on the posts. Thanks in advance for your tutelage,

Frank Nowatzke

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Hey Frank,

I just got a notification you tried to PM me. Sorry but I didn't realize my inbox was so full. Please try to resend your message.

And welcome to DSF!

-Dragan
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Frank it's easy. Look up at the sky, if you see anything that catches your interest, point your scope at it. You will discover many interesting things.
    18" f/3.5 New Moon Dob,
    12.5? New Moon Dob
    8? f/5.5 Parallax Newt
    82mm Kowa Binos
    Richmond Va

Jraymond, you got a chuckle out of me. Yes, that is just about it with 22 inches of aperture now. I am favoring those fuzzies! My wife asked me one time of what I would do if I ran out of galaxies to look at... she also made me chuckle!

I do not foresee myself commenting on every comment as the "job" is always stealing my time away though that was the point of the Mrs and I moving to Chicago and that was to build up the bank accounts prior to moving to 'darker skies' in preparation for retirement! Woo Hoo!

Frank

That explains the odd result of when I tried to send it. Will attempt again