Hello all,

I have a new-to-me 22in UC and I need to practice the set-up procedure.

The original owner told me to "...set it up this way...in this order...but never do..." and with my short term memory, gone with the wind! It is not at all the previous owner's fault. I was with the owner 2 times previously to 'visit' the scope as he put it through the paces demonstrating that it did work. And upon the 3rd time visiting it was just a quick possession then I drove some 11 hours to get it home. So it was kind of rush/rush out of his home.

What I am wondering is if anybody has a "checklist" for the set-up process?

I have a hernia near my pelvic bone and am not able to lift anything for a few months so I can practice the electronic side of the set-up. When I got the scope home I was able to set it up as a 'push-to' scope just to take in some views! Those clouds and the seeing were not conducive to stay out long but was happy to be able to soak up some photons and get familiar with the "altitude cable" wanting to run away from out under the side bearing! It was a quick learn to be able to tuck that cable back under with only two hands! This scope is teaching me patience.

If nobody has this list available, then I will have to fabricate it myself. I am thinking of a checklist methodology similar to the pilots having a checklist for some of their tasks. Also my son would appreciate a routine for the times that he takes the scope out to play. I imagine that I would not need this list after going through the process of connecting all the plugs/wires in after doing it a few 20 or 30 times but as a great football coach used to say, "...perfect practice makes perfect." I am FAR from perfect but I do strive for perfection. While I am down for repairs I can practice my steps without lifting anything over two pounds!OCT18 packed car.jpg

I have a checklist of items to take (or pack up) for star parties. I longer list for the trips to the national star parties, and a condensed version for just driving out to my local viewing site. I live in pollutionland usa, also known as Chicagoland. We have it all (sans forest fire smoke)!!

Thanks in advance,
Frank