Last night using a 33.4" f/5 dob with best view at 471x I was able to enjoy a view of this ring galaxy along with the 2 close by less unusual CGCG members of the elongated CGCG 315-43 and the 'fuzzy star' of CGCG 315-44 being the brightest and most obvious of the treo.

The ring galaxy, CGCG 315-43, appeared similar to a 'donut' planetary nebula with non distinct edges. Averted clearly made for a view where the center was darker than the surroundings. No core or brightening was seen in the center of the object. I sometimes call donut planetaries by the fraction the hole takes up of the whole diameter. I judged this as about a 1/3 hole but the edges were non distinct in my view so I am not entirely sure that measurement is much more than a general feel.

I made no attempt to try for this in my 18" which was yielding other wonderful views on this night of 21.65 SQM readings and about NELM 6.7. By the time I had viewed this galaxy around 2:30am the seeing had gotten 5/5. A great sky to be sure.