Thread: DSF upgrade March 17th, 2019

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar

DSF upgrade March 17th, 2019

Hi everyone,

Just a quick notification to everyone. Akarsh and I intend to perform a software upgrade to DeepSkyForum this Sunday night, March 17th, 2019 at 9 pm CDT/7pm PDT.

We do not anticipate any problems but DSF will be unavailable during the upgrade so please bear with us at that time. Unfortunately, we do not know just how long we will be down. In the end, we hope that by performing this upgrade, we will alleviate all of the problems that have been plaguing us as of late.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Carry on. The upgrade will not happen this evening. Akarsh and I ran into a few small problems that will prevent us with the full blown upgrade.

But no worries, we are on it. We hope to finish this soon.

Stay tuned!
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Thanks for the continuing effort from both of you to keep this fantastic forum running!

Clear skies, Wouter

Thanks Wouter,

We're trying hard!

Quote Originally Posted by wvreeven View Post
    Thanks for the continuing effort from both of you to keep this fantastic forum running!

Clear skies, Wouter
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Hello all,

Depending on how successful I am, there is a chance I may upgrade the forum software tonight or some time this week. Expect the possibility of forum down-time on weekday evenings (in Pacific Time / California time) this week, or during the evening of the weekend of March 30--31. I will try to give a heads up on the exact time ~ 15 minutes before upgrade. In any event, I recommend that during this week and the following weekend, if you are in the midst of typing a long post, please make a copy of your post on your computer, lest you be met with a "Forum is down" sign when you try to submit it.

Clear Skies and Warm Regards
    Akarsh
    18" f/4.5 Obsession dob "Romela"
    6" SkyQuest Orion dob
    Garrett Optical 25x100
    Homepage
    DSS Tool : Logbook Project : KStars
    The Astronomy Connection : Austin Astronomical Society : Bangalore Astronomical Society

Quote Originally Posted by akarsh View Post
    Hello all,

Depending on how successful I am, there is a chance I may upgrade the forum software tonight or some time this week. Expect the possibility of forum down-time on weekday evenings (in Pacific Time / California time) this week, or during the evening of the weekend of March 30--31. I will try to give a heads up on the exact time ~ 15 minutes before upgrade. In any event, I recommend that during this week and the following weekend, if you are in the midst of typing a long post, please make a copy of your post on your computer, lest you be met with a "Forum is down" sign when you try to submit it.

Clear Skies and Warm Regards
    Akarsh
    Hello all:

Heads up, in about 15 minutes, I'm going to run attempt #1 to upgrade our forum software. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, I have backups to restore things, but we may lose stuff posted today. Please keep a local copy of your posts.

Regards
    Akarsh
    [Hopefully, everyone is either busy sleeping or doing shallow-water astronomy]
    6" SkyQuest Orion dob
    Garrett Optical 25x100
    Homepage
    The Astronomy Connection : Austin Astronomical Society : Bangalore Astronomical Society

Hello all,

I did not succeed in even starting the upgrade due to technical issues. Therefore I've brought the forum back up. We will attempt maintenance again on weekday evenings this week.

Regards
    Akarsh
    6" SkyQuest Orion dob
    Garrett Optical 25x100
    Homepage