I was at a small stargaze party on south of Sweden this week on a island and it was pretty dark ( SQM 21.4-5 ) and seeing was better than decent and not cold and no wind.
Telescopes was several 15” and a 18” and a 20” and a 6” Astrophysics refractor. ( I don’t count on astro photo stuff )

I had some advanced list object’s from OSP last year as the nearby galaxy IC1296 next to M57.
This one is +15 mag but it has not a bright centre so it’s rather dim.
According from the OSP a 18” optics is needed but we had one 20”, so it was not maybe inc black but it was dark and seeing way better than normal.
I say sky was clear as well, but none of us could see this galaxy.

We used Ethos and a Delite 7 mm ( no P2 coma corrector )

I’m not shore but I think I saw this object last year at OSP, and if memory was right it was in Judy’s 18”, and I think I saw it pretty well also.

Anyway on the way back home I passed a club that has a old French made 24” f/6.5 that had new coatings on 2 years ago, and I used my Ethos 13 and later on 10 mm, and there I can say I saw some ‘blur’ anyway here, but I can’t say I saw a galaxy with spiral arms.
Sky there was decent as well and around 21.3-4 but it was not as clear as water crystals in atmosphere.
( It was hot so T-shirt at midnight )

What confuse me vs the observing at OSP.
The memory tell me it was pretty easy see it, but not here and in bigger optics ?

-Any ideas what’ going on.
My memory might be wrong, so a note on that.

Before OSP 2019 I was not aware of the object.
I did not log the object’s so therefore the memory at OSP.