Thread: DSF may want to consider a separate section just for ORs

DSF may want to consider a separate section just for ORs

Suggestion: A seperate section for ORs because they are different in nature than single-topic posts.

An OR section in the catagory of 'In The Eyepiece' would prove valuable perhaps. Some boards have a separate section for ORs. This works great and keeps the ORs all in one place. So far there have only been a few but of they are mixed in with the general area they will be harder to find later and there may be quite a few as time moves on. I have liked the idea so far that there is an object of the week section and then a general section that typically talks about one particular object of note. ORs generally are a different sort of post and cover a large host of objects.

Having the ORs in one place will make it easier to find them later and will better segment them away from the single-object sort of discussions. Also Ice in space has a 'guideline' sticky post as the 1st entry that is a bit too much but to mention that stating the site, date of the observations and optionally a key type of object focused upon that night or just short few words for the subject. The recommendation/guideline is just a suggestion and need not be enforced but will lead to an easier set of subjects to browse if followed.

Just a few thoughts of an approach I have seen as valuable as both a user and a poster of ORs in the past. For an example one could visit IceInSpace (as I am sure most of you have done in the past): http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/f...splay.php?f=25

Just a thought and thanks so much for this great forum. Mark
    Last edited by Marko; May 28th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.
    Mark Johnston
    18" StarMaster f/3.7
    12" Meade LightBridge f/5