I have found that when I pick a OOTW object that I have only seen many years ago, all the exciting learning about the object from the preparation of the OOTW kindles my interest in taking a closer, fresh look at the object. That's what I did late last month on the night of June 26, 2022 from the Warner Mountains in northeastern California.

Parsamian_21.jpg

This time, I was able to see one of the "jet"s as distinctly curved and bright. It started out heading NW from the bright point, and then eventually curved counterclockwise, heading north, as shown in the sketch. The opposite "jet" on the NE side was also sensed but very intermittently. The seeing was very good at the 7300ft location, and my mirror had cooled down as this observation was made towards the end of the night. I believe I also re-collimated just before observing.

Later at Golden State Star Party, observing the same through Steve Gottlieb's 24", I was not able to detect the NE jet. However, the NW jet showed the same clear curvature described in the 18" sketch.