Thread: How often do you you get out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Twice a month, weather permitting. I would get out more if I could observe from home or if the job wasn't quite the witch with a capital "b" it is now. That being the case, I try to maximize my time under the stars, usually doing video with my Mallincam Xtreme and going for a minimum of 50 objects a run. Back home over the next week or so I can "observe" the objects at my leisure. I am not tired of through-the-eyepiece, but this is not a good time for that for me.

I also observe in average twice a month (mostly at dark sites about minimum 100 miles from my house). Additionally i observe a bit during my family vacation (most times i take a 8" travel newton with me) and i try to make an weekly astro-trip once a year with my observing buddies. In total this adds up to about 30 nights per year.
    I would like to observe more, but job, family, german weather conditions and other hobbies do not allow that.
    But i am fine with that and enjoy every night (typically i observe till sun- or moon rise).
    Clear skies
    Marc