Thread: Eyepiece Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I took the plunge and ordered the APM XWA 13,9,7,4.8 from Don (Absolutely would recommend ordering from him!) They just showed up in time for 2 days of rain, but clear skies for 5 days after that. I will first try them in my 6" Classic Cass as I am still waiting on my new dob.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    I took the plunge and ordered the APM XWA 13,9,7,4.8 from Don (Absolutely would recommend ordering from him!) They just showed up in time for 2 days of rain, but clear skies for 5 days after that. I will first try them in my 6" Classic Cass as I am still waiting on my new dob.
    Astronomy equipment emits moiston particles, around which water condenses into opaque droplets called clouds.
    Only the light of the Full Moon is capable of burning through these moiston particles and clearing the sky.
    That's why it's cloudy at New Moon and clear at Full Moon, in case you wondered.
    Don Pensack
    www.EyepiecesEtc.com
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pensack View Post
    Astronomy equipment emits moiston particles, around which water condenses into opaque droplets called clouds.
    Only the light of the Full Moon is capable of burning through these moiston particles and clearing the sky.
    That's why it's cloudy at New Moon and clear at Full Moon, in case you wondered.
    See, I was hoping you were going to invent an H2O filter for just that problem........