Thread: Minimum Aperture for IC 1101

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I want to think I have heard reports of people seeing IC 1101 with a 10” under dark skies.
    Clear Skies,

Jimi Lowrey
    Fort Davis Texas

48"F4 OMI/TEC
    28'F4 ATM

Thank you guys. I find this interesting that it does show up on the clear skies observing guides.
    Former Director of the Argus-Imra Planetarium (The worlds 1st planetarium in a high school)
    Earth Science Educator 30+ years

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    I find this interesting that it does show up on the clear skies observing guides.
    It's not included in the current edition but I will add it in V3.0; which I unfortunately can not complete until 2024 as my iMac passed away this week after 8 1/2 years of loyal service.

The galaxy ought to be a not-too-tough observation in a 12" scope under decent skies.

Cheers,

Victor
    Victor van Wulfen

clearskies.eu - Clear Skies Observing Guides - CSOG - Blog - Observing Log - Observing Sessions

SQM is nothing, transparency is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Clear Skies View Post
    It's not included in the current edition but I will add it in V3.0; which I unfortunately can not complete until 2024 as my iMac passed away this week after 8 1/2 years of loyal service.

The galaxy ought to be a not-too-tough observation in a 12" scope under decent skies.

Cheers,

Victor
    Victor,

Please see my comment as a compliment. Your guides are exceptionally through. I just found it odd. I love what you do and THANK YOU for all you do.

Ron
    Former Director of the Argus-Imra Planetarium (The worlds 1st planetarium in a high school)
    Earth Science Educator 30+ years

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Thank you guys. I find this interesting that it does show up on the clear skies observing guides.
    Well, I found it interesting that it wasn't on Ronald Stoyan's Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas! So, after observing it in my 6-inch, I informed him of both my sighting and that I found it missing on his IDSA.

Scott H.
    Contributing Editor for Sky & Telescope
    8x56, 10x50, 12x60, 15x70 binoculars
    130mm, 150mm, 10-inch SCT, 16-inch ES Dob