Thread: pentex EP vs Nikon EP

pentex EP vs Nikon EP

hi all

would like your honest opinion on some EPs
    Pentax 10mm vs Nikon 10mm

some background on my thought process

i enjoy viewing through widefield EPs , mainly ethos EPs and explorer scientific 92* EPs in my f/4.0 22"UC,
    mainly small faint fuzzy galaxies.
    when that stubborn faint galaxy is just out of viewing limits i would like a high quality , high power EP with less glass that i can use to help
    bring the faint fuzzy into viewing capabilities of my scope, i would also remove the paracor for this process also.
    theoretically with less glass elements i should have a better chance at seeing said galaxy.
    i would ideally like to use an ortho but
    i have been told orthos are not an option with the eye relief and the focal length of my scope ....
    Dragan and i have talked in length on this subject and question this as Jimmi uses Orthos in his 48" which is also an F/4.0
    thanks for the input in advance
    Matt

I use Zeiss ZAO-II (16,10, 6, and 4mm) and Baader Genuine Orthos (18, 12.5, 9, 7 and 5mm) in my 22" f/4 reflector. I also use a TMB 1.8x ED barlow.

For wide field, I use Delos (14, 10, 8, and 6mm). The Finder eyepiece is a 24mm Panoptic.

I do not own a Paracorr and any 2" eyepieces.

I know some don't see what I see with my low glass count eyepieces, but see http://www.faintfuzzies.com/ObservingAids.html (scroll all the way to the bottom). You may have seen it, but if you haven't, take a look. Jimi was one of the five observers with me at GSSP.
    Last edited by FaintFuzzies; April 2nd, 2024 at 05:13 AM.
    Clear skies,
    Alvin #26
    FaintFuzzies.com
    Texas Hill Country