Thread: Member from Tennessee

Member from Tennessee

First, I want to thank Jimi and Dragan for generating a forum dedicated specifically to DSOs and to those of us that seek and observe them. I have wished for many years that a place like this would come to fruition and here it is. Thank you both.

My name is Jamie and I have been observing seriously for fifteen years. I am a retiree from state government and spend most of my spare time watching my daughter play varsity volleyball, basketball and softball and my son play varsity baseball and golf. My dark time is spent hovering over an eyepiece looking at galaxies, globs, nebula and other fuzzies. I read astronomy books, web pages and magazines and my iPhone and iPad have all the major astronomy apps.

As for my equipment I am loyal to Panoptics, Naglers and Sieberts. I have two reflectors: A 6" Meade F/5 Newt and a 10" Apertura Dob. I have two refractors as well: An Orion 100mm F/6 on a SLT Mount & Vixen Porta II Tripod and a Meade AR-5 on a CG5. I have always wanted to get into AP but have never dedicated the time nor money to start the endeavor.

Well, that's about it in a nutshell. I feel fortunate to be a member of this forum and very much look forward to learning, engaging and just involving myself in another facet of DSOs.

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Hi Jamie! Thanks for the kind words about DSF. We're very appreciative of your membership and we just we live up to your expectations!

Welcome!!!!!

Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com