Here are two relatively bright objects of a recent observing project of mine, Young Stellar Objects , i.e. young stars that have not entered yet the main sequence and are usually still within their envelope of dust and gas in which they actually formed.

_GM2-39.jpg

GM 2-39 in Cygnus (of the catalog by Gyulbudaghian & Maghakian) is a small, but distinct little nebulous patch next to a prominent star pattern. The little YSO appears at 350x quite diffuse and very much brighter towards the middle. At first sight, I suspected the center to be stellar, but after some time an elongation in N/S direction became evident.

_V1982_Cygni.jpg

Gyulbudaghian 98-171 (V1982 Cygni) is immediately visible in my Nagler 7mm as a relatively bright nebula, that trails form V1982 diffuse towards E. Upon more careful examination, a central part could be discerned that was more sharply defined and narrower. At its eastern end, a stellar object could be made out, which is listed in the Herbig-Bell catalog as HBC 727. This was visible only with averted vision and could not be held steadily.

Here are finder charts for both objects
www.reinervogel.net/pdf/YSO_Cygnus.pdf