Thread: Exotic objects for next new moon thank

Exotic objects for next new moon thank

Dear Deepsky-lovers,

Let me first tell you that I absolute love this website, lots of information from people all over the world all about Deepsky.

Next new moon, there is a group of 11 men from the Netherlands to go have some fun in the French Alps with those faintfuzzy's. Me included, thankfully. There will be an 18 inch already available at the house we are hiring. One problem, I normally use my 8 inch under moderate sky (5.5-6.0) and I really don't know many exotic objects that are visible at the moment. I already printed out a few of those objects from the website of Reiner Vogel, but I'm actually looking for more. We are staying their for a whole week, plenty of time, I hope.

Do somebody know some faint fuzzy's that are extra-ordinary?

Many thanks in advance!

Luuk,

Metchosin, B.C. Canada (very southern tip of Vancouver Island
    Try here. http://astronomy-mall.com/Adventures.In.Deep.Space/ I think it will keep you busy for a little while.

Bill
    f/3.3 20" Super FX-Q Starmaster

Thanks, Bill ;-)
    Steve
    24" f/3.7 Starstructure
    18" f/4.3 Starmaster
    Adventures in Deep Space
    Contributing Editor, Sky & Tel

Site does not seem to have been updated recently Steve. UK weather hitting California as well :-)

Owen

Not a lot of those objects on Adventures In Deep space will change much in our lifetimes ...

I'll absolutely add a second on that site. The site goes as deep as the name implies. Fantastic reference that I certainly have enjoyed and used quite a bit over the years. Thanks Steve and all the gang who contributed to the site!
    Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.
    Mark Johnston
    18" StarMaster f/3.7
    12" Meade LightBridge f/5

Metchosin, B.C. Canada (very southern tip of Vancouver Island
    There is also Alvin Huey's site which has some fabulous observing guides. http://www.faintfuzzies.com/ I used the Globular Cluster one last night to do a mini Palomar-athon. With those easy use charts I was able to observe 7 Palomar Globulars in the very short window of opportunity between twilight and the Moon getting in the way. I would have added one more but got delayed in my start visiting with a friend who showed up at the observatory to do some imaging.

Reiner Vogel also has a great site which is a wonderful resouce. http://www.reinervogel.net/index_e.html At my clubs recent star party I used the Young Stellar Nurseries to show some people new stuf.

Bill
    f/3.3 20" Super FX-Q Starmaster

I used Alvin's globular cluster book when I did the globular cluster program from the Astronomical League. Frankly Alvin's book is better then the Astro League's guide and is free. Alvin deserves a huge thank you for taking the time to make that globular cluster guide.

You should also check the collection of observing targets by Paul Alsing
    http://www.pnalsing.com/home

It has always been nice to scroll through his pages and look for new and interesting stuff (and there is a lot of it there). I wished, he would keep a list with his recent updates. This would make it easier to look for the new things.
    Reiner

22" and 14" Dobs on EQ platforms and Deep Sky Observing
    www.reinervogel.net