Thread: Feathertouch Larger Fine Focus knob

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar

Feathertouch Larger Fine Focus knob

Here is something I've been meaning to comment on.

At this years NEAF, our booth was across the aisle from several big named vendors. Televue & Teeter Telescopes to name two. But a third was Starlight Instruments, maker of the Feathertouch Focuser (FT). While browsing their booth and getting to know the guys during setup on Friday, I came across a FT focuser that had a MUCH larger fine focus knob than I've been accustomed to. (though I have seen something similar on refractors, I've never seen it on a low profile focuser) Playing around with it I knew this would be a must have item. Anyone who has ever used a FT knows just how smooth they can be. Well, this thing makes it MUCH MUCH smoother! I've been out with it several times since and I can tell you it is really a nice add-on. I have found that trying to tweak my focus now just requires a slight roll of my finger as opposed to twisting. I know this doesn't sound like much but I have found it really does improve trying to focus.

I can also seeing it as a benefit when dealing with public nights and getting someone to find the focus knob.

Anyway, I just thought I'd inform the group about it. Below is a picture of it on my scope as well as a link to their website. I know it may look a bit funny, but you might just have to try out to see for yourself.

http://starlightinstruments.com/stor...product_id=325
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com