Thread: Hubble Deep Fields

Hubble Deep Fields

Okay... With this weeks release of the Hubble Extreme Deep Field, it got me thinking.

Has any one done any observing in those fields (the HDF in Ursa Major and the HUDF/XDF in Fornax)? After doing a quick scan in Sky Tools 3 there doesn't appear to be anything there. But figured if anyone'll know, someone on this site will.

Thoughts?

Oh, BTW... My newly refigured mirror's at Galaxy as we speak being coated. So Ursa should be up and running well in advance of the October dark window. Been a long summer without it and (really) looking forward to getting it back.
    Lou Behrman
    Ambler, PA

17.5" f/4.1 AstroSystems TeleKit -- "Ursa"
    Zambuto Optics
    6" f/6.5 Antares Achromat

Several years ago during the Texas Star party Dave Tosteson, Tim Parson and I tried the HDF in UMa on a average night here in the Davis mountains. I could see two galaxies fairly easy and anther one that was very very faint that I could not log. The two were also see by Dave and Tim. I'm not sure if they got a glimpse of the third one or not. I would like to try it on a night of excellent seeing as this I feel would make a lot of difference in trying to catch these very very faint fuzzies!

I have not tried the HUDF yet.
    Clear Skies,

Jimi Lowrey
    Fort Davis Texas

48"F4 OMI/TEC
    28'F4 ATM