Thread: Beware of your CCDs!

Beware of your CCDs!

Hey you!
    Good morning from CEST time!
    I'm really glad to be here, the first forum where the favourite argument (above other all) is to talk about deepsky objects and observation of them.
    I'm very honored to have the possibility to discuss with persons all over the world which do love the same thing I do: seeking very far faint fuzzies (copyrighted word hehe...) from Cosmos with my scope.
    To be in touch with the deep deep sky, helped by my telescope is one of the most amazing sensations our passion offers to me.
    And the magical thing between amateur astronomers is to share among us our view of infinite, made by every single object.

I play astronomy since 1997 floating between visual and astrophoto.
    In 2007 my Lightbridge 12" f/5 made me discover the real deepness of sky, and the pleasure of have sistematic reporting of what aperture can show.
    I was able to observe and take picture with Takahashi FS-60C together, but after some night, I realized it was not a good idea to pollute my eye with camera lights while observing at my dob.
    So my Taka lied in the car box for a year, and I decided to sell everithing, to buy a 16" scope. That I own from 2008. And that bring me the strong passion of reporting the faint objects, far away from boring Messier ones.

I love Hickson Groups, Arp Catalogue and every challenging observation.

So, waiting for every next New Moon, here I am to share this passion with you. From Milan, northern Italy.

Here it is a pic of one of last night from 1400mt. above sea level. Temperature -10°C.

16" f/4.5 from 45°N
    Davide Pistritto
    Dobson 24" f/4 - TeleVue Ethos with Paracorr 1 - Thousand Oaks filters on filterslide
    Uranometria 2000.0, Triatlas, MegaStar 5

Beware for your CDDs! eheh...

Welcome to Deep Sky Forum Davide.

I look forward to you're input.
    Clear Skies,

Jimi Lowrey
    Fort Davis Texas

48"F4 OMI/TEC
    28'F4 ATM