Thread: Hi from the Netherlands.

Hi from the Netherlands.

A small introduction. I'm Michael Kalshoven and astronomy has my interest for almost my entire life. When I have the energy and patience I love to sketch too. Only it doesn't happen so much. I also own many telescopes and some of these never get out of the house. Another hobby of mine. Collecting telescopes.

At the moment my most important and used telescope is a Sumerian Optics 16" Canopus. Nice,.... not really. I'm the owner of Sumerian Optics. A small Dobsonian manufacturer in Europa. Maybe 16" doesn't sound so large but I like the size of a 16". It's easy to handle and still large enough to show many objects with a lot of details. Building telescopes is something I do now for a couple of years (after I lost my interest in astronomy for a longer period). First for the fun and than after a few years I decided to take the chance. I turned my hobby into my job. Only problem is that I lost a part of the hobby.

I hope to learn/see many interesting things on this good looking forum and maybe I'm getting an active member. Deepsky has my (for all of us here) interest so this is the right place to be.

Hi Michael,

This is a place for like-minded people who chase galaxies far far away, so a warm welcome

On a personal and purely selfish basis, I am looking forward to posting my future observations with the 12" you are making for me!!!
    Takahashi FS-128
    Astro-Physics Stowaway 92 (paid the deposit!)
    Sky-Watcher 72ED
    Borg 55FL

Welcome to DSF Michael. Glad that you are here. I look forward to your post.
    Clear Skies,

Jimi Lowrey
    Fort Davis Texas

48"F4 OMI/TEC
    28'F4 ATM