Thread: An idea

An idea

A forum for non Deep Sky objects such as lunar, planetary, double stars etc.

You could even call it "the near and shallow sky"

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Hi Preston,

The goal of DSF was to give amateurs an outlet for discussing deep sky observing. It was never our goal to be so broad in subject topics that we would compete with the other great forums available online. Those other sites do what they do very very well. We wanted to fill a niche of sorts. Our vision was for DSF to focus on one facet of observing that we felt was most important to us and our members.

Here is a post from last February when DSF was unveiled. It was our way to describe what it was we are trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the feedback Preston! I hope you understand our views and goals for the forum.
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

I actually now remember reading that post you linked too back when I joined. What you are saying makes sense. One thing I like about this forum is that it is pretty consistent and the noise level is low. Also the topics are always about objects that even if I can't observe with my scope/skies, I still learn something. I can't say that about every forum on the Internet.