Thread: Free Triatlas-C App now available on the App store

Free Triatlas-C App now available on the App store

Dear all,
    My Triatlas C app (advanced star chart based on Jose Torres work, used with permission) for iOS now available on the app store!
    It contains the entire Triatlas C chart, navigation (using the black arrows). Adjustable night vision, mirror, flip, rotate.

This is NOT a planetarium app (like Sky Safari). It's a star/sky atlas adapted for smartphone/tablet with some handy features. I've created because i really missed a simple, high contrast star chart.

I will release a universal app (=this app+iPad layout) shortly, it will contain basic search (NGC, Messier) and a memo recorder)

And it's free! https://itunes.apple.com/app/triatlas/id592681081?mt=8

Like it? Please leave a review on the app store. Thank you!

- Stars up to mag 12.6
    - Galaxies up to mag 15.5 (PGC). 37000 in total!
    - 1200 planetary nebulae
    - 1800 open clusters, all globulars
    - Others: SH-2, RCW,LDN / Barnard
    - Double stars whose main star is brighter than 11th magnitude (35,000 double stars)
    - Variable stars whose maximum reaches the 12.5 magnitude (29,000 variable stars)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Great work Norbert! I'll download it on the iPad immediately and check it out.

Any plans for an Android version?
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Nice! Very useful and less paperwork to carry around. It's an iPad from now on.
    Victor van Wulfen

clearskies.eu - Clear Skies Observing Guides - CSOG - Blog - Observing Log - Observing Sessions

SQM is nothing, transparency is everything.

A great alternative to lugging out the Triatlas out in the field (did that - not very convenient). I like the simplicity of it. Just maps and nothing else - no complexities!!!

One suggestionrepare a table with all the constellations and link this table to the cards that belong in that constellation. The user can then select a constellation (say Sagittarius for example) and be presented with a reduced grid just showing the cards for that constellation. Reason for request: the initial page that has all the grids is kinda hard to navigate due to too many cards showing up in one grid.
    Takahashi FS-128
    Astro-Physics Stowaway 92 (paid the deposit!)
    Sky-Watcher 72ED
    Borg 55FL

Downloaded it this afternoon, This is a great little APP, Thanks for the heads-up...

Michael Sowell,
    Panama City Fl.
    Obsession 25 F/5,
    TT 18 F/5.6 Custom

www.darkskiesapparel.com

Wow this looks really cool. I have the B Atlas already, but having the C atlas as an app is too cool.

One question. Is a universal app compatible with a MacBook? I have the Sky Safari Plus for my MacBook, would love to have these charts as an app for my MacBook as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Pendergraft View Post
    Wow this looks really cool. I have the B Atlas already, but having the C atlas as an app is too cool.

One question. Is a universal app compatible with a MacBook? I have the Sky Safari Plus for my MacBook, would love to have these charts as an app for my MacBook as well.
    I think it works only on iOS, so no Mac...
    Takahashi FS-128
    Sky-Watcher 72ED
    Borg 55FL

Thanks for your kind response!
    @nicoscy i agree that the overviews needs some improvement. In fact, im working on that with Jose.
    @preston, the app is only for iOS sorry!

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Norbert,

Any future plans to release this on the Android platform?
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Quote Originally Posted by nop View Post
    Thanks for your kind response!
    @nicoscy i agree that the overviews needs some improvement. In fact, im working on that with Jose.
    @preston, the app is only for iOS sorry!
    Norbert, don't get me wrong though! It's outstanding as it is! It's just that even the original Triatlas index page was a mess to begin with as the constellations were stretched / elongated to fit the grids and at night it was always a challenge to use the index to find the relevant constellation pages. Hence the suggestion to make constellation grids.

The constellation index table should have for example:

Select constellation: xxx then it should show a grid view of which grids are available, and also a table of which grid corresponds to what RA and DEC is covered in that grid. With that info, the user can then select a grid and see what he/she is interested in.

My two cents but I am not a programmer hence I do not know how challenging this is. I have paid $40 for the full Skysafari App on the iOS store. I consider your work so much better for the purists (which I consider myself as one) who just want simple maps that are easy to use. I would happily pay to get your app on the app store if it had this search function, because then I would use it in the field. As it is, I am more inclined to use my printed maps and use this app at home as a reference tool.

CS,

Nicos
    Takahashi FS-128
    Sky-Watcher 72ED
    Borg 55FL