Quote Originally Posted by nop View Post
Thanks for your kind response!
@nicoscy i agree that the overviews needs some improvement. In fact, im working on that with Jose.
@preston, the app is only for iOS sorry!
Norbert, don't get me wrong though! It's outstanding as it is! It's just that even the original Triatlas index page was a mess to begin with as the constellations were stretched / elongated to fit the grids and at night it was always a challenge to use the index to find the relevant constellation pages. Hence the suggestion to make constellation grids.

The constellation index table should have for example:

Select constellation: xxx then it should show a grid view of which grids are available, and also a table of which grid corresponds to what RA and DEC is covered in that grid. With that info, the user can then select a grid and see what he/she is interested in.

My two cents but I am not a programmer hence I do not know how challenging this is. I have paid $40 for the full Skysafari App on the iOS store. I consider your work so much better for the purists (which I consider myself as one) who just want simple maps that are easy to use. I would happily pay to get your app on the app store if it had this search function, because then I would use it in the field. As it is, I am more inclined to use my printed maps and use this app at home as a reference tool.

CS,

Nicos