Thread: I just joined

I just joined

Hi
    Deep sky objects are my fav. Thanks to Dragan I'm registered on the forum and making my first post.
    Went to a great lecture last night from a UW Madison astrophysics prof. Turns our globulars are highly dynamic with frequent interactions between stars and double stars. Half of all stars in a glob are doubles and they often exchange stars with others. Some mass tranfers too. Blue stragglers then show up on the HR graph. Next time I'm out viewing a glob it will be more interesting. Globs in dobs are simply the best.
    DAVE KRIEGE

Its nice to see you here Dave WELCOME

That sounds like it was a really interesting talk.

YES Globs in Dobs are Great
    Clear Skies,

Jimi Lowrey
    Fort Davis Texas

48"F4 OMI/TEC
    28'F4 ATM

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kriege View Post
    Hi
    Deep sky objects are my fav. Thanks to Dragan I'm registered on the forum and making my first post.
    Went to a great lecture last night from a UW Madison astrophysics prof. Turns our globulars are highly dynamic with frequent interactions between stars and double stars. Half of all stars in a glob are doubles and they often exchange stars with others. Some mass tranfers too. Blue stragglers then show up on the HR graph. Next time I'm out viewing a glob it will be more interesting. Globs in dobs are simply the best.
    DAVE KRIEGE
    Great to see you on here and that we got those registrations issues worked out Dave! We look forward to reading many of your posts.

BTW, I like that quote.... "Globs in Dobs"

That would make for a great observing catalog title!! Or thread title....hmmmm
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Hi
    DAVE KRIEGE
    Globs eh? Celestial 'Hoe's and stellar swingers you say?? LOL! And yes, Globs are the best in big dobs..and so is EVERYTHING ELSE!
    Obsession 20" f/5 Dobsonian #388
    Parks 8" f/6 custom Dobsonian
    Televue oculars

Great to see you on the Forum Dave!
    Clear skies,
    Alvin #26
    faintfuzzies.com

Howdy all;

Alvin Huey invited me to join in and here I am. Looks like a fun bunch of deep sky observers. I look forward to conversing with you all.

I have been travelling in my RV over the past few years and have met lots of observers and enjoyed some dark night skies. I have written my third book "Touching the Universe", it is about my favorite 20 nights with the telescope. Availalbe on Amazon. I also write for Cloudy Nights web site.

Clear skies to us all;
    Steve Coe

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Welcome Steve!! We look forward to your contributions here at DSF!
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Poway, California. This is in San Diego County. Our typical viewing location is Little Blair Valley
    Hi
    Globs in dobs are simply the best.
    DAVE KRIEGE
    Absolutely! If you want a little piece of art that captures that experience, check out the laser crystal at Bathsheba Sculpture. It's like looking at M13 in my 18"; I keep it in a dark hall I walk down dozens of times per day as a reminder that dark skies are coming...
    --
    Kemer
    Obsession 18"UC f/4.2