Thread: Larger font....

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar

Lightbulb Larger font....

...whatcha think?

We've increased font size across posts & PM's of the entire website from a point 12 to a 16. The 12 was waaaay to small so we felt it needed to be a bit larger. This new font size sure does appear to be easier to read....BUT....

Would you agree? Did you even notice something was different? Keep it or change it?

What say you?
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

I thought I pressed something, so I'd been pressing Ctrl 0 to try and make it back to the 'right' size!

Personally, I think that 16 is a tad too large, 14 might be a good compromise?
    18" f/4.3 David Lukehurst Dob
    8" f/6 Dark Star Dob
    8x42 binoculars
    100% visual observing

Visual Observing - FJ Astronomy

Faith,

Now that some time has passed, whatcha think of the new font? Has it grown on you yet?
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

A little. I must admit it is easier to read and, as I struggle a little with blue text on gray/black, which the links are, it helps with that as well.
    18" f/4.3 David Lukehurst Dob
    8" f/6 Dark Star Dob
    8x42 binoculars
    100% visual observing

Visual Observing - FJ Astronomy

Quote Originally Posted by FaithJ View Post
    I struggle a little with blue text on gray/black, which the links are, it helps with that as well.
    We were all struggling with the links within posts and signatures. You may not even have noticed, but we darkened the background of posts just to help with making the links more legible. They're 100% better now.

The software we're using for this forum hasn't allowed us to change the color of links that are within posts without changing every link on the entire website! It was nerve racking trying to figure out exactly what we wanted to do! Then, Big Jim decided we should darken the post background a bit and voila! It helped immensely! Legible links!
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

I tried to customise my profile (My Profile -> Customize My Profile), but noticed that the changes only apply to the actual profile page. They don't seem to apply to the rest of the forum.
    Reading links takes quite a lot of effort due to their deep blue colour.

Also, out of curiosity, is there a way to set up a profile which is more mobile user friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Piero View Post
    I tried to customise my profile (My Profile -> Customize My Profile), but noticed that the changes only apply to the actual profile page. They don't seem to apply to the rest of the forum.
    Reading links takes quite a lot of effort due to their deep blue colour.

Also, out of curiosity, is there a way to set up a profile which is more mobile user friendly?

Hi Piero,

What do you mean by a more mobile user friendly? I view DSF on my phone quite a bit and have never had a problem.
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
    Hi Piero,

What do you mean by a more mobile user friendly? I view DSF on my phone quite a bit and have never had a problem.
    Hi Dragan,

For instance, with my phone the font size is not consistent. Some parts of the website are large enough to be seen, others are impossible to read. In order to read them I have to constantly zoom in and out.
    It doesn't seem to be an option to switch to "mobile theme" or something like that, so that the website delivers a better experience for mobile screens. In contrast, I see the whole website as if I were on my computer screen.
    Hope my text is clear enough now.
    16" f4 homemade dobson with Lightholder optics