This is a bit of a slippery slope as a lot of books that aren‘t, strictly speaking, observing guides can nevertheless inspire you to go out and observe.

From way back in the past, I love Introducing Astronomy by JB Sidgwick, a book entirely without pictures but which featured a constellation by constellation (visible from the UK) tour of sights visible in hand held binoculars. I wore that book out.
The other that I liked from the 60s was Bernhard-Bennett-Rice’s New Handbook of the Heavens... back when M1 was spooky and mysterious.
The Observing Handbook and Catalogue of Deep Sky Objects by Skiff and Luginbuhl provided great inspiration around 1990, as did Kenneth Glyn Johns’ messier’s Nebulae and Star Clusters. And, of course, the entire set of Webb Society Deep-Sky Observer Handbooks were GREAT for introducing galaxy clusters, anonymous galaxies, clusters and nebulae, most of them quite exotic for 80’s vintage observers.
Another great: Hartung’s Astronomical Objects for Southern Telescopes
Nowadays: I like Buta, Corwin, et al: The de Vaucouleurs Atlas of Galaxies. Archinal and Hynes: Star Clusters and Kanipe and Webb: The Arp Atlas of Peculiar Galaxies, though I find this latter book deplorably organized and edited. The introductory section, however, is superb.