Great target, Christian!

I had it on my list already last week, but then forgot about it.

So I looked at it two nights before (my fifth observing night in this not yet ended new moon period :-) )

This is an unexpectedly large faint and diffuse dwarf galaxy. The one end with the star forming regions stand out immediately with my 22" already at 125x, while the other side tapers off diffusely.

With 9mm (280x) and 5mm (500x, a but too much), I tried to get more details out of the HII regions:

The regions at the northern end appeared clearly structured, but I was not able to pin them down individually. Most of the time, it appeared however as two separate clusters.

At the SE side, there is a line of three "stars", of which the middle one appeared clearly non-stellar (even that the seeing was not too good). From the image at hand, it was not evident, whether it was a star, but now at the computer, wikisky shows it as another HII region.

Roughly in the middle of the galaxy, I noticed at times some brighter spot, but was not able to pin this down precisely. It could have been one of the brighter spots in the core of the galaxy (or averted imagination :-) ).

A very good choice as OotW, as this is a nice and very overlooked target.