Thread: The DeepSkyForum base package you use is really nice for many reasons

The DeepSkyForum base package you use is really nice for many reasons

This forum is both aesthetically pleasing to look at as well as a pleasure to use. Here are things I like a lot with the format.

When you log in you can see recent activity easily with highlighting and status to the right.

Any post that is made can be edited. This is very important for me as I tend to mess up in an entry or decide it is worded in an awkward way and wish to make it a bit more clear.

Spelling errors are highlighted with drop down corrections (also very important for me, Mr Cannotspellforbeans)

Also just noticed the little green arrows to the left of the list of threads shows up if a post has been made which is very valuable to help recall assorted threads one is involved with as time moves on.

I don't know why the pic of the ring galaxy turns deep red on some topics but I guess I'll discover that that is a good feature as well ... someday.

Nice job and thanks again for the efforts and so on it takes to host this great Forum
    Last edited by Marko; February 20th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.
    Mark Johnston
    18" StarMaster f/3.7
    12" Meade LightBridge f/5

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    This forum is both aesthetically pleasing to look at as well as a pleasure to use. Here are things I like a lot with the format.
    Thanks Mark! We appreciate the comments. We've put alot of hard work into this and its starting to show. We hope it'll only get better from here on out.

I don't know why the pic of the ring galaxy turns deep red on some topics but I guess I'll discover that that is a good feature as well ... someday.
    The ring galaxy turns read when a topic becomes "hot". Hot means that a particular thread has had at least 150 views and/or 20 posts associated with it.

Nice job and thanks again for the efforts and so on it takes to host this great Forum
    Thanks for the kind words Mark! Its truly appreciated!
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com