Sorry Faith... You can blame me for snagging up those Deloi...

I bought both Monday afternoon. The 10 spent A LOT of time in my scope for the remainder of the week. I can't wait to get the 14. As soon as that happens, both my 13 and 9 T6 Naglers are getting sold off. I'll probably end up with the entire line (with the probable exception of the 17.3).

The reason I'm making the change is two-fold. My favorite EP is my 17mm T4 Nagler. I absolutely love the fact that I see the entire FOV as soon as I put my eye to the EP. I've never had the same views with the T6's or Ethoi. I get that view with the Delos. And that comes down to eye relief. The other reason is contrast. And the Delos definitely out performs the Naglers. That was my first reaction when looking through them. Fantastic contrast. I took them up for Bob Kepple to try on Friday and that was his reaction too. Very dark background...

The reason I won't be doing the 17.3 Delos is I love my 17 Nagler and there just isn't enough of a difference to make me jump. I borrowed the 17.3 from Scott Ewart so I could do an A-B comparison. We chose NGC 4565 as the target and had three sets of eyes doing the test. Robert (Doc) Werkman and I thought the 17.3 gave marginally better views of the dark lane. Josh (Skyraider) Wright thought the 17 Nagler was a little better. There you go... Just not enough of a difference to make the jump. I will say that the 17.3 was noticeably lighter. But that's an 1.25" EP being compared to a BIG 2" EP.

Sorry for buying those up before you had the chance.

I'm blaming the vendors... He should have brought more...