Thread: Delos v Nagler

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First come, first served, I guess. Still frustrating though. He should have brought more with him and I'm surprised he didn't, if that's the case. Next time I want to buy something at TSP, I will try and remember to email CCTS and ask Jeff if he would bring the item along and keep it to one side. That way, I can be sure of actually getting hold of the item I want to get.
    Chalk this one up to experience.

[rant]We get totally ripped off for astronomical stuff in the UK (huge mark ups by dealers, 20% sales tax and taxes on shipping, etc, and even worse in other EU countries - a Delos eyepiece, not including the 17.3mm, comes to nearly $500 here) and I'm sick of being ripped off, so I buy my eyepieces when I come to the US. When the fall comes, I'll probably buy a 6mm or 12mm Delos and order it from a US dealer. Even with shipping costs, it will be cheaper than the mark ups that UK dealers put on things.[/rant]

Anyway, further purchases are going to have to wait for the immediate future, my dog needs some expensive veterinary treatment next week (about the same cost as an Delos UK price!), so that is more important.
    Last edited by FaithJ; May 4th, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
    18" f/4.3 David Lukehurst Dob
    8" f/6 Dark Star Dob
    8x42 binoculars
    100% visual observing

Visual Observing - FJ Astronomy