Thread: Delos v Nagler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What's an "Ethoi"?.. Sorry I just don't like those plurals...too much for this good old boy, I reckon.
    Anyhow...I am always surprised when people say they can't see the whole field of the Ethoses. Never had a problem doing so, nor have any of my buddies. The Delos is a fine eyepiece, but I find it hardly ground breaking. It's an improvment on the Panoptic, which is a fine eyepiece given its restrictive field...but I haven't found much to get excited about.

Rod,

Last year during the TSP I did a A-B comparison of the 13 Ethos and the then new prototype 14 Delos in my 48" F/4. Uncle Al was with me at my observatory at the time of the comparison. What I found out and it was confirmed by several other observers was that you could see fainter stars with the 14 Delos than you could see with the 13 Ethos. From my experience the Delos has better light transmission. But there nothing like the 100 degree field of view of the Ethos. I guess there is no perfect eyepiece for every view. Thats why uncle Al has so much of my money
    Clear Skies,

Jimi Lowrey
    Fort Davis Texas

48"F4 OMI/TEC
    28'F4 ATM

Indeed I may be mistaken but I'd think that the Japanese plural for "Honda" would be "Honda". Yet we say "Hondas". So I say "Ethoses".
    Ivan
    20" Sky-Watcher
    deepskyblog.net