Thread: June 2015 - Italian guy in Cali

June 2015 - Italian guy in Cali

Hello folks!
    This is not a starparty announcement, but I'm posting in DSF to have meet with any of you, astrofellows, that live in the West Coast.

As Notorious B.I.G said "I'm going back to Cali" And I'm going to make a huge trip, honeymoon trip (in new moon epoch eheheh)

The plan is to visit San Francisco in 2 days (I could take a break going to Lick Observatory in San Jose, but...don't know).
    And then I'm going to trip around some of the stunning National Parks in Cali, Nevada, Utah, Arizona.

I should go to Meteor Crater and USNO Flagstaff facility, and perhaps I could spent one night in Grand Canyon Star Party: http://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisi...star-party.htm

If anyone of you would like to get a coffee offered (italian one), just let me notice!

Also, If anyone of you have some interesting information 'bout astronomy events, facilities or any cool astrostuff, let me know!

Thanks folks!
    Davide Pistritto
    Dobson 24" f/4 - TeleVue Ethos with Paracorr 1 - Thousand Oaks filters on filterslide
    Uranometria 2000.0, Triatlas, MegaStar 5

Beware for your CDDs! eheh...

It seems that no one want to meet up in West America.
    Davide Pistritto
    Dobson 24" f/4 - TeleVue Ethos with Paracorr 1 - Thousand Oaks filters on filterslide

Hi Davide,

Californians aren't unfriendly, they're just spread out all over the state. If you wander north to Oregon I'd be happy to meet up with you and perhaps we could observe together if the weather cooperates. How long will you be in the western US?
    Howard
    30-inch f/2.7 alt-az Newtonian
    https://sites.google.com/site/howardbanichhomepage/
    https://sites.google.com/site/sprays...pemirrors/home
    Contributing Editor, Sky & Telescope magazine

Davide,

California is a big state along with Texas. In fact, California as a state is larger than the entire country of Italy. So going from San Francisco to San Diego is almost going from the north end of Italy to the south end...and San Francisco is only a two thirds of the way from San Diego to the north border to Oregon, where Howard is. Then you have another 280 miles from the border to where Howard is.
    Clear skies,
    Alvin #26
    faintfuzzies.com

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

I know that distances in USA are bigger than in Italy
    This topic has only the purpose to know if I could meet anyone of you, astrofellow, in America, during my journey.
    It would be a real pleasure.
    I will probably stay for one night in Saguaro Astronomy Club Star Party, in the North Rim of Grand Canyon.
    The problem is my accomodation for the Grand Canyon tour: it's situated in the South Rim, far away from the north one...
    I think I should change it in favour of the North Rim accomodation.
    Davide Pistritto

Davide,

If you pass through San Jose on your way up to Lick Observatory, I'd be happy to buy you an expresso at a little Italian coffee shop I know.

--Mark