Well, the title says it all. I want a really high power eyepiece for using mainly for detecting very faint and small galaxies on my non-tracking 18" Obsession.

I presently use a Tak LE 7.5mm (giving me a magnification of 275X) as my high power eyepiece, but occasionally I need something of a higher power. The obvious solution which I have is 2X and 3X Barlows (I own both TV 1.25" models). The problem is than on my non-tracking dob, by the time I have removed the eyepiece, put it in the 2X, and then re-insert the eyepiece with the barlow the fieldis both out of focus and gone. On such a tiny field usually there are two few stars to use for field identification and focus. That means taking off the combo, reinserting my 13mm Ethos to re-acquire the medium power field, re-insert the 7.5mm LE for the high power, and then again the same procedure, often in a very unnerving never-ending cycle.

I do own a 7mm Nagler which is giving me quite a large field of view to use if I combine it with the 2X. The main issue is that on several tests I made, the LE 7.5 is superior to my beloved 7mm Nagler in detecting the faintest stars and (presumably) the faintest deep sky objects. So I stick with the small field of the LE for the better threshold detectability.

By buying an eyepiece in the 3-4mm range I double the power without losing the precious extra few seconds of using the barlow, and hopefully the focusing will not shift as much preventing me from losing the field. I have read many positive things about the fantastic light transmission of the Delos, which has almost double the field of the LEs. On the other hand, I presume the 3.6mm LE will be very close in focus to the 7.5mm LE, and the light transmission qualities of the LE I own are a definite plus.

Has anyone on this forum used either or both of these eyepieces? What are your thoughts on them?