Thread: Hello from Scotland

Smile Hello from Scotland

Hello everyone!

I joined this forum back in May and I am also a member of other astro related forums.

I'm an 'old school' film astrophotographer started in the late 70's and was a subscriber to 'Deep Sky' magazine back in the 80's, I just moved over to DSLR's in 2012 and now this Spring I have gone CCD.
    My interest mainly is imaging planetary nebulae and other small and challenging deep sky objects in very challenging weather conditions here in Scotland.
    Afraid I've never really been a visual observer but have much respect to those that are, I just like to combine my photography interest with astronomy. I find the knowledge of users on this forum of rare & obscure DSO's very interesting and although I do tend to lurk a fair bit I hope to contribute to the forum over the coming months.
    I run a portable setup operating between my garden and visiting dark sky sites in my van where each session is a fresh setup from scratch.

Clear skies!

Mike
    Telescope: APM - LZOS Apo Refractor 175/1400 CNC LW II (custom 220mm backfocus)
    Mount: Astro-Physics 1200GTO on ATS 4ft Field Pier
    Cameras: Pentax K1, K5, Canon 60Da, 6Da, Atik Titan, 414EX, EFW2, Filters: 1.25" Astrodon

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Hi Mike! And welcome! I hope you find this forum an invaluable resource for all your future targets!
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Thanks for welcome ...yes the forum has already been a source of some new targets though my first effort since moving over to CCD is likely to be a better known target as a sort of control test, just waiting for some clear skies, the jetstream has played havoc with our summer this year so hope the autumn improves in the number of clear nights.
    Telescope: APM - LZOS Apo Refractor 175/1400 CNC LW II (custom 220mm backfocus)
    Mount: Astro-Physics 1200GTO on ATS 4ft Field Pier
    Cameras: Pentax K1, K5, Canon 60Da, 6Da, Atik Titan, 414EX, EFW2, Filters: 1.25" Astrodon