Quote Originally Posted by glxytrios View Post
Hi Akarsh, I observed the WLM system in October last year from a site at 8,500 ft in the White Mountains, CA. WLM was easy as a large, fairly faint N-S elongate patch with some eF stars superimposed. I observed WLM 1 (the globular cluster) just south of a mag 14.5 star at 244X. My notes say "extremely faint, slightly fuzzy observed with averted vision". In August this year at the Oregon Star Party, I observed Hodge 5 in NGC 185 at 527X ("very occasionally with averted vision"). For both observations I used my Starmaster 20" F3.3.

Clear skies, Miles (glxytrios)
I had pretty similar results as Miles with Hodge V in NGC 185 with my 24-inch f/3.7, though at a lower-elevation site (1000 ft). Here's what I logged, "At 325x and 450x Hodge V appeared as an extremely faint star [V = 16.7], forming the southern vertex of a small equilateral triangle with a mag 14.5 star 20" N and a mag 15 star 20" NW. It was repeatedly glimpsed for brief moments and a couple of times was held continuously for a few seconds. Situated 3.8' NE of the center of NGC 185 and outside the visible halo of the galaxy.

Steve