Thread: Planetary Nebula

Planetary Nebula

Has the Blackskies web site changed? When I follow the link it goes to a gambling site which some times observing is a gamble.
    Thank You
    Mark SW
    16" f/4.5

Administrator/Co-Founder Dragan's Avatar
    Hi Mark,

Not really sure what is going on over there. I just checked and the website is giving a 503 error. There is no longer a redirect to a gambling site. Atleast for now there isn't.

I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues to be a problem I'll remove it from the UDSOR

Thanks!
    Clear Dark Skies,
    Dragan Nikin
    25" f/5 Obsession #610 "Toto"
    30" f/4.5 OMI EVO #1 "Tycho"
    www.darkskiesapparel.com

Doug Snyder's site has been out of commission for awhile. You can access an internet archive version here.

Here's a post he made about his site last year on Planetary Nebula yahoo group --

Hi Folks – this from Doug Snyder – I am MOST grateful for the kind comments about my former PN site. I am not in very good health, but still trying to get it back online, It is archived on www.archive.org but you want to visit the March 27, 2014 archive which is still accessible; Just enter www blackskies dot org on the archive opening page and it will open up blackskies on its home page. But, you have to select the date March 27 2014- dates after that are probably not ‘full data’.representing the site. Previously, the site ‘archive dot org was not in the business of restoring ‘dead’ sites, But now, they have a notice in their FAQ about ‘bulk download’ If anyone can help with that, I’d be grateful I still own the domain www dot blackskies dot org and it is parked as a ‘GoDaddy’site

Thanks Ever So Much!
    Doug Snyder
    Steve
    24" f/3.7 Starstructure
    18" f/4.3 Starmaster
    Adventures in Deep Space
    Contributing Editor, Sky & Tel

Thank you for the information
    Mark
    16" f/4.5