Thread: CSV or XLS or... for Alvin Huey's Galaxy Trio's list (or any others of Alvin's)

CSV or XLS or... for Alvin Huey's Galaxy Trio's list (or any others of Alvin's)

First off, you must admit, Alvin's legacy for observing guides is unequaled!

Before I create it myself, does anyone have Alvin Huey's amazing Galaxy Trios object list in a CSV, XLS, MegaStar, SkyMap Pro, Skytools 3, Sky Safari Pro, or almost any other format?

I have observed quite a few (ok ok, some) and want to mark them off as well as plan working through more. Now that I have the Argo and a 56cm scope, I need more than my hard copy to plan. And Copy/Pasting PDF list requires quite a bit of manual editing to make into a CSV.

Any other links to A.V.'s observing guides as lists for popular observation planning software, or simple CSV/XLS format text files welcome.
    Thank you for reading...

Clear skies
    Jeff
    Wishing You Clear, Dark, Steady Skies...
    Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach. CA

56cm f/4.2 UC-22 - Not the wisest choice I ever made.
    30cm f/5 Orion XT-12
    25cm f/4.7 DobStuff Dob
    18cm f/5.7 Teleport
    15cm f/5.2 ES Mak-Newt
    127mm f/10 Celestron SCT
    120mm f/7.5 SkyWatcher ED Doublet APO
    101mm f/5.4 Televue TV-101 APO
    90mm f/7 StellarVue Triplet APO
    80mm f/15 Sears Achro
    72mm SkyWatcher ED
    60mm Lunt Ha Solar scope

Sorry, can't help you there. But if you ever get or create it, would you mind sharing it with me/us? Many thanks in advance!

Clear skies,

Wouter

Quote Originally Posted by gdjsky01 View Post
    First off, you must admit, Alvin's legacy for observing guides is unequaled!

Before I create it myself, does anyone have Alvin Huey's amazing Galaxy Trios object list in a CSV, XLS, MegaStar, SkyMap Pro, Skytools 3, Sky Safari Pro, or almost any other format?

I have observed quite a few (ok ok, some) and want to mark them off as well as plan working through more. Now that I have the Argo and a 56cm scope, I need more than my hard copy to plan. And Copy/Pasting PDF list requires quite a bit of manual editing to make into a CSV.

Any other links to A.V.'s observing guides as lists for popular observation planning software, or simple CSV/XLS format text files welcome.
    Thank you for reading...

Clear skies
    Jeff
    I suspect that if anyone had them, it would be Alvin!
    Paul Alsing
    25" f/5 Obsession
    http://www.pnalsing.com/home