Thread: Eyepieces - Less glass is more

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Jimi and Alvin. The comment about nothing is as good for light grasp as TMB SuperMono seems curious following the ZAO II comment. Perhaps you feel the downside of the supermono is AFOV of 30d vs 43d or if not, what other aspect of the ZAO II makes it more desirable than the SuperMonos? The ZAO II is 4 element in 2 group and TMB is 3 element in one group so that seems to be the better light grasp mechanism (this after 10 minutes of quick research just now). Lets limit the evaluation to assuming the central area with radius of 1/3 to 1/2 of the total radius for the field is the area of interest for the same reasons Alvin commented on, I too agree that Im generally concerned with very center of view.

Per all the above great pieces of advice I feel it is time to order so I have contacted Markus Ludes in a private message since those may be available if I 'act now'. This has been something I have needed for a long long time so now is the time for action.

Thanks for your advice but I am still curious as to what I have asked for other viewpoints if they are not covered above you you gents already.

This is about squeezing every photon I can get and not so much about 'best for the money' (I should have stated that earlier).
    Last edited by Marko; March 17th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
    Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.
    Mark Johnston
    18" StarMaster f/3.7
    12" Meade LightBridge f/5