Marko,

I'm another advocate for less glass. My current set of EP's, other than some Ethos & Naglers, also contain the UO volcano top orthos. (I prefer the VT's over the flat tops for comfort. Alvin did a comparison some years back and discovered that the flat tops may be a bit better in contrast and detail but I still prefer the volcano tops.) But I digress....

The University Optics Orthos are probably the best value for a quality minimalist eyepiece. If you were so inclined to buy them all, you can have a complete set of new UO orthos for less than $700 bucks! They're even cheaper on the used market.

But as good a value as the UO's are, I'd have to go for the TMB Supermonos. Undoubtedly, one of the best EP's available. Jimi is correct, now is your chance to get some new TMB's! Markus Ludes of APM Telescopes in Germany is doing a limited run of 4, 5 & 6 mm SM's. They're exactly the same as the past TMB Supermonos. Currently he is only offering 25 pieces of each focal length so you may have to act fast. I've put myself on the list for one of each. I'd really like to see him come out with something in the 8-12.5mm range but he needs commitments first. An 8mm and a 10mm (1.6 & 2.0 exit pupils respectively) would be ideal in my scope and I'd jump on them in a heartbeat!

Send Markus a PM if you're so interested. He's a member here on DSF. His username is apmtelescopes