Thread: Your own telescope.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for your moral support, gentlemen. The car has been found with insignificant damage. The scope was untouched. I may even get to go to the dark site tomorrow.
    Ivan
    20" Sky-Watcher
    deepskyblog.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Maly View Post
    Thank you for your moral support, gentlemen. The car has been found with insignificant damage. The scope was untouched. I may even get to go to the dark site tomorrow.
    Wow! Good to hear that you've got back with little damage. It would be very very unfair for you to lose them. I once left the bottom part (mirror box) of my 18" outside to cool off and I was worried, then I thought "who would care to steal a heavy piece of wood with a mirror in it", and relaxed. Well, over the last few days with the skyrocketing petrol prices, I have heard several stories of wooden structures stolen to be used in stoves and fireplaces! So noway to leave the scope outside alone anymore! Or even locked in the car, at least when I am at home...
    The Darker the Better!
    -------------------------
    18" f4.5 Obsession Classic #1934
    10" f5 Skyatcher Dob
    152mm f5.9 Teleskop Service
    Takahashi FS128
    SkyWatcher 120 f5
    Takahashi FS102
    Takahashi FSQ106N
    SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
    SkyWatcher ED72 Evostar
    Televue Naglers and Ethos

Metchosin, B.C. Canada (very southern tip of Vancouver Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Maly View Post
    That's fabulous. Losing a scope under those circumstances would have been tough as insurance might have been hard to claim on it.

Right now I'm driving around with my 20" in the back of my truck. I don't like to but I'm in the market for a new vehicle and I want to be sure to scope will go in and out of it easily. I'm not worried about it when parked at home because I live well off the road in a forest and you can't even see the house from that road. Out in public I'm not overly worried either because you can't really see into the back of the truck through the canopy window and really who would want to steal a pretty worn out 1998 Sonoma Pickup with way too many km on it.

Bill
    f/3.3 20" Super FX-Q Starmaster

Hey guys,
    here's a picture of my new 24"-ATM-Newton, f/4.17. I allready had a quick first light, althought a few details are still under construction.
    DSCN0290.jpg
    It has a self-grind mirror with 1" thickness at its edge.

best regards
    Daniel
    24"-Dobson, f/4.16

Here I am at my favorite observing site, with my "sit-down" scope (12.5" f/5):
    2012-05-19_16-39-59_417-r.jpg
    Don Pensack
    www.EyepiecesEtc.com
    Los Angeles